At Spinal Life we believe everyone has the right to access quality health care services, where and when they need it, that’s why we’ve expanded our telehealth services.
We’re all about making things easy, that’s why we’ve made booking and attending appointments simpler and faster, no matter where you live in Australia.
For over 60 years we’ve been delivering quality healthcare services, so you can trust us to deliver a great level of service and care, be it in person or via telehealth.
Services we offer through telehealth
- Exercise Physiology
- Social Work
What can I expect from an appointment?
We always deliver the same great quality of care; the only difference is you’ll be speaking to our allied health professionals through a screen, rather than in person.
All sessions are held in the private consultation room, so your medical information remains confidential, and you don’t need any special videoconferencing equipment.
You should email any photo’s or x-rays you want to share should prior to your session.
What you’ll need
We’ve made joining telehealth appointments as easy as possible. All you’ll need is the following:
- A PC, laptop or mobile device with speaker and camera/ webcam
- Internet connection – for a good experience you’ll need at least 0.4Mbps. Most standard Wi-Fi will be suitable. You can test your internet speed here – just hit the ‘Go’ button.
- A private and quiet room
To make an appointment just call 1300 774 625 between Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, we look forward to seeing you.
Need more information? Read our FAQ’s.
Do I need to sign up to Coviu?
No, you don’t need to sign up to Coviu. Before your appointment we’ll send a link so you can join the call with one click
What do I need to make a video call?
To join the call you’ll need:
- A modern device with a camera, microphone and speakers such as a laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet, with an up-to-date web brower (such as Google Chrome version82+ or Safari version 12+)
- Minimum requirements are:
- Windows PC i5 processor with 3GB of RAM, Windows 7 or later
- Apple Mac i5 processor and 3GB of RAW MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later
- Android tablet or smartphone Android 5.1 or later
- Apple iPhone or iPad iOS 12 or later
- A good connection to the internet – with a minimum of 350Kbps for both upload and download. Your Wi-Fi or a good 4G connection is generally fine. You can test your internet speed here – just hit the ‘Go’ button
- We recommend closing any streaming services or gaming that may be running at the same time, as these may slow your internet speed and affect the quality of your session.
How should I set up for the video call?
- Find a private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the appointment
- Place your device about an arm’s length away, so that you have natural light coming from you behind your camera
- Sit in the centre of the frame, with the camera at eye-level
- A second screen or notepad can be helpful to take notes and ask any question you may have prepared in advance
Is a video consultation via Coviu secure?
Coviu is end-to-end and peer-to-peer encrypted, meaning sensitive customer data is safe and not accessible by anyone other than the call participants. You will connect with your practitioner in a private, secure online consultation room, that can only be entered by accepted parties. Coviu meets all domestic privacy legislation and is HIPAA compliant.
How much does a video call cost?
The video call is free (except for your internet or data usage), however fees do apply for the consultation with your practitioner. Please contact our Customer Engagement team to confirm any fees before your appointment on 1300 774 625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much internet data will I use during my consultation? ‘
A consultation typically uses less than half of the data you would use while watching a high-definition video. The amount of data used varies and is less on lower-speed internet connections, or if you’re using a less powerful computer, tablet, or smartphone. It’s important to note that these factors can also reduce the overall quality of the call. Data use increases when there are more than two participants in the call. You can expect a 30-minute call between you and your practitioner to use approximately 450MB at maximum speed.
How do I use Coviu’s extra features?
During your session, your practitioner may utilise various resources, such as images, videos, forms for you to sign or a digital assessment. To access these tools, click the ‘Tools+’ button which is easily found within your video window when you are in the call with the practitioner. We recommended waiting for instructions from your practitioner, before using these tools, to avoid interrupting the flow of the consultation.