We provide expert training solutions to business around Queensland and Western Australia.
Our team of qualified and experienced educators deliver a wide range of training courses from simple first aid to complex personal care and medication support.
We’ll work with your business to develop a bespoke training solution that works for you, and will incorporate your policies and procedures into the training module.
Specialist training we can deliver may include, but is not limited to:
- Continence management
- Bowel therapy
- Enteral feeding, including PEG
- Pressure injury prevention
- Hygiene infection control
- Epilepsy Support, including Intranasal Midazolam
- Diabetes Support
- Principles and practices
- Safe handling of people
- Hoist and equipment training
- Disability awareness
- Language and communication
- Medication assistance
- General body functions
- Effects of a spinal cord Injury
Workplace health and safety
- For home and disability care
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Mental health first aid
- Standard Mental Health First Aid (12 hours)
- Problem solving and decision making
- Relationship building
Workplace disability awareness
Everyone has different levels of contact with people with disability. As a result, your employees may be unsure how to interact with customers who have a physical disability, which can result in misunderstandings or anxiety for both parties.
Our disability awareness presentations:
- Encourage your employees to focus on the customer as an individual, instead of on their disability
- Promote an understanding of physical disabilities
- Foster an understanding of ways to meet the needs of people with a physical disability.
Part inspirational and part educational, our presentations provide a down-to-earth look at the best language to use when you speak with someone with a disability. We also show you the best ways to engage them in conversation with respect and dignity.
This program is practical and useful for organisations committed to equity for both staff and customers.