For more than 60 years, we have supported people with spinal cord damage to live accessible, equitable and empowered lives in a way they choose.
Western Australian residents with spinal cord damage can access our specialist services including personal support and home care or connect with other people with lived experience through our Peer Support program.
Personal Support and Home Care Services
Our Personal Support and Home Care Service provides you the support you need, when you need it, in your own home.
We give our personal support workers specialist in-house training to ensure we can provide a service that is right for you.
Together, with a dedicated Client Service Officer and access to after-hours support, we listen to you to develop the solutions for your unique needs.
Our flexible and reliable services are available every day and include:
- Personal care at home and work
- Specialist, complex personal care
- Domestic assistance around the home
- Lifestyle support – attending appointments, activities, events, and holidays
- Transition support from hospital to home
We believe in your goals and are ready to support you as you need, when and where you choose.
Spinal Life Australia is a registered NDIS provider.
Get the most out of your NDIS plan through our Supports Coordination service, now available for residents of Western Australia.
Our Supports Coordinator can assist you in understanding your NDIS plan, help you reach your goals through your annual reviews, provided well-researched advice on services and providers to best suit your needs, obtain relevant quotes and help you take control of your NDIS plan both now and in the future.
Funding for this service can also be included as part of your NDIS plan, so you can maximise your opportunities and outcomes without any additional out of pocket expenses!
New to the NDIS or Catastrophic Injuries Support (CIS) scheme?
We can assist you to transition to the scheme and provide a range of comprehensive planning tools, one-on-one consultations, and can even accompany you at your planning meetings with the Local Area Coordinator to provide additional guidance and advice.
The NDIS and CIS scheme can often be difficult to navigate, especially if it’s your first time as a participant – talk with us if you’re looking to get the most out of your initial plan and want to feel more confident and supported in your transition to the state and national funding schemes.
Peer Support and Advocacy
Through our services, we’ve helped members find their ‘more‘ through one-on-one advocacy to ensure members get the most out of their NDIS plans, assisted them to live more independently and secured funding for much needed home modifications and equipment.
Our Peer Support team in WA all have lived experience with spinal cord damage and use their experiences to provide advice and guidance to others, and let you know you’re not alone.
As a member, you will be a part of something more, with benefits including:
- Your voice being heard on the issues that matter as we advocate with and for you
- Getting connected and actively involved in an organisation that promotes equality and exclusivity for people with people with spinal cord damage
- Staying informed and participating in latest scientific and community research
- Contributing to the direction of the organisation
- Access to trusted information through your complimentary edition of key member publications like the Advocate and being part of an online community of peers
- Being actively valued through one on one chats with us and others, connecting with other members at community catch ups, special events and more.
Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook.