We are pleased to bring our services to Western Australia and work side-by-side with the spinal cord damage community. For almost 60 years, we have supported people with spinal cord damage to live accessible, equitable and empowered lives in a way they choose.
Personal Support and Home Care Services
From late February 2019, Spinal Life Australia will begin training specialist Personal Support and Home Care Services staff to support clients in Western Australia.
We give our personal support workers specialist in-house training to ensure we can provide a service that is right for you.
Together, with a dedicated Client Service Officer and access to after-hours support, we listen to you to develop the solutions for your unique needs.
Our flexible and reliable services are available every day and include:
- Personal care at home and work
- Specialist, complex personal care
- Domestic assistance around the home
- Lifestyle support – attending appointments, activities, events, and holidays
- Transition support from hospital to home
We believe in your goals and are ready to support you as you need, when and where you choose.
Spinal Life Australia is a registered NDIS provider.
Through our services, we’ve helped members find their ‘more‘ through one-on-one advocacy to ensure members get the most out of their NDIS plans, assisted them to live more independently, secured funding for much needed home modifications and equipment and worked closely with and on behalf of our members to encourage more accessible and inclusive communities.
We also aim to influence advocacy efforts on a local, state and national scale, urging governments and councils to promote accessible infrastructure and planning and ensure our member’s voices are being heard.
Drawing on decades of experience, we have built a strong network of members across Australia that we support to lead accessible, equitable and empowered lives, across the course of their life.
We encourage anyone from the community to join our growing Spinal Life Australia member community.
As a member, you will be a part of something more, with benefits including:
- Your voice being heard on the issues that matter as we advocate with and for you
- Getting connected and actively involved in an organisation that promotes equality and exclusivity for people with people with spinal cord damage
- Staying informed and participating in latest scientific and community research
- Contributing to the direction of the organisation
- Access to trusted information through your complimentary edition of key member publications like the Advocate and being part of an online community of peers
- Being actively valued through one on one chats with us and others, connecting with other members at community catch ups, special events and more.
If you would like to know more about us or how to become a member, our Member Liaison Officer Debbie Nobre is happy to help. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420 985 734.
Our Member Services team are also ready to assist at email@example.com or 1300 774 625.
Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook.