Our Personal Support Workers (PSW) are located across Queensland and Perth and each PSW undertakes comprehensive training and rigorous background checks.
Where possible we try to match our PSWs to your personality and interests.
Ways we can support you to get on with your life include:
- Turning and re-positioning
- Showering and bathing
- Personal grooming including shaving, hair care, make-up etc
- Dental hygiene and denture care
- Continence support including bowel care and bladder care (catheter flush and washout)
- Skin integrity checks and basic wound care
- Assistance with self-medication
- Assistance with eating including Peg feeding.
We know that sometimes everyone needs a hand with day-to-day living. So we can support you with almost anything you need such as:
- Shopping and paying bills
- Preparing meals
- Bed making including changing linen
- General household cleaning and tidying
- Laundry including washing, folding and ironing.
We understand the importance of having a lifestyle that inspires and fulfils you. Depending on your eligibility we can:
- support you to engage in activities of your choosing whether it’s swimming, kayaking, fishing, sailing or attending concerts, carnivals, markets and sporting events, to name a few
- make domestic and international holidays a reality with support workers available to accompany you on your journey
- offer information on recreation and sport, community services and supports, and referrals to holiday accommodation
- provide equipment trials and prescriptions so you can best access the leisure pursuits you want.
Transition support from hospital to home
You can transition from hospital to home confidently with us because we know what it takes. We have supported people with spinal injury return home for more than 30 years.
- meet with you in hospital to develop a plan for living at home
- select support staff you feel comfortable and confident with in your own home
- arrange for someone to support you on a weekend pass home before discharge from hospital.
We also support people from regional areas.
Support for veterans
We are a proud provider of Veterans’ Home Care (VHC). Veterans’ Home Care is a Department of Veterans’ Affairs program designed to assist eligible veterans, war widows and widowers who wish to continue living at home but who need some assistance.
Veterans or war widow/widowers who wish to be assessed for VHC services should contact their regional VHC assessment agency on 1300 550 450.
The VHC website has more information about VHC services.