Access Solutions Australia
Many design and building solutions allow people with a disability to access their community. Legislative requirements for buildings, transport and public spaces prevent design problems so that people with a disability and wheelchair users have no issues accessing these spaces.
Through Access Solutions Australia, our project consultants advise individuals, businesses and government agencies on how to meet these practical and legislative requirements. We also provide training to individuals and organisations informing and promoting the need for equitable access.
Allied Health Services
We offer our corporate clients a highly specialised and targeted allied health service.
Through our case management service we can package the full suite of our support services so that you will gain the most effective and targeted outcomes for your clients from any compensation and funding packages.
We also offer our corporate clients:
- functional capacity evaluation reports so that your clients can safely return to work after injury
- medico legal and lifetime care reports, particularly for complex mobility cases
- equipment prescriptions
- transfer reviews and manual handling assessments.
At no cost, Employment Options offers employers:
- information and advice on supporting your employee, including workplace modifications
- pre-screening and identifying suitable applicants for your vacancy
- links into other programs like Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- ongoing support.
People with a physical disability can participate in all types of employment. For that reason, our highly motivated pool of potential employees are looking for a range of employment including full-time, part-time, and casual work.
For more information or if you wish to access the Employment Options service, please contact us.
We provide quality non-accredited training services and professional development so you can up-skill your workforce and develop your team members.
We work with individuals, groups, service providers, government agencies and more. In fact, our trainers are available Monday to Friday; with special requests considered. We can provide training at our offices in Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns, as well as at your premises.
Through our workshops, your staff will gain hands-on experience and knowledge so that they will feel confident and comfortable working with your clients.
Our qualified clinical educators have specialised expertise so they can deliver dynamic workshops to help you meet your goals.
Our experience is easily transferable across a broad range of health and community sectors and specialities. To find out how we can support your training needs, please contact us.
The specialised training we deliver can include, but is not limited to, the following.
- Continence management
- Bowel therapy
- Gastrostomy support / PEG feeding
- Pressure injury prevention
- Hygiene and infection control
- Colostomy care
- Principles and practices
- Safe handling of people
- Hoist and equipment training
- Disability awareness
- Language and communication
- Medication assistance
- General body functions
- Effects of a spinal cord Injury
Workplace health and safety
- For home and disability care
- Perform first aid (HLTAID003)
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Problem solving and decision making
- Relationship building
Workplace disability awareness
Everyone has different levels of contact with people with disability. As a result, your employees may be unsure how to interact with customers who have a physical disability, which can result in misunderstandings or anxiety for both parties.
Our disability awareness presentations:
- encourage your employees to focus on the customer as an individual, instead of on their disability
- promote an understanding of physical disabilities
- foster an understanding of ways to meet the needs of people with a physical disability.
Part inspirational and part educational, our presentations provide a down-to-earth look at the best language to use when you speak with someone with a disability. We also show you the best ways to engage them in conversation with respect and dignity.
This program is practical and useful for organisations committed to equity for both staff and customers.
Injury prevention for the workplace
Our SEAT Community Safety Program takes its safety messages into workplaces across Australia and our SEAT at WORK presentations are ideal for people working in industries such as construction, mining, utilities, transport and storage.
SEAT presenters are all volunteers who have a spinal cord injury so they are extremely passionate about sharing their personal experiences and safety strategies to promote injury prevention.
If you want more information about our workplace safety program, contact us.