Our allied health professionals are specialists in supporting people with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities. They include physiotherapists, occupational therapists and registered nurses who work in partnership with you to develop holistic solutions to enable you to reach your potential.
Key allied health services
We provide allied health services in the following key areas:
Access to expertise and funding
We provide assistance with applications to government concession and subsidy schemes:
- to buy and modify private vehicles (VOSS)
- for prescribed aids and equipment (CAEATI and MASS).
- to help with modifications in the workplace (Employment Assistance fund).
- for assistive technology prescriptions including incontinence assessments, driving assessments and splinting (NDIS).
Specialist personal advice and assessments
- Individual assessments to evaluate your needs and help you to meet your lifestyle choices
- Bowel, bladder and pressure area advice and management
- Home modification assessments and designs, and referrals to home modification service providers
- Workplace assessments to help you overcome barriers in your place of work
- Driving assessments (in some regions)
Mobility, seating and assistive technology solutions
We are the mobility and seating, and assistive technology specialists. We can assist you with:
- Seating and postural assessments, including pressure mapping, to ensure you have the best choice of product and fit
- Trial and prescription of aids, disability specific technology and equipment that can improve independence and lifestyle, for example mobility, pressure care, continence, personal care, transfers and environmental controls.
- Hand splinting including typing, writing and resting pans.
- Equipment for leisure and recreational pursuits.
If you’re eligible, we can even help you prepare funding applications so you can afford the prescribed aids and equipment you need.
Our equipment hire service provides a useful option when equipment breaks down or is required for travel or other reasons.
Life Physio is an integrated approach to musculoskeletal and neurological treatment and rehabilitation.
We can help you to reduce pain, regain and enhance movement patterns, treat overuse injuries and prevent injury recurrence.
Return to your work, sport and hobbies at a higher level with our support.
Our physiotherapy practice can support all your rehabilitation needs and include manual therapy, taping, exercise prescription, dry needling, education and vestibular rehabilitation. Read more about our physiotherapy services.
If you are a member, you will receive a 10% discount on all physiotherapy services.