We are a host provider of Your Life Your Choice, a framework for how self-directed support operates in Queensland. It gives individuals greater choice and control over the services they receive. It is a key part of preparing for the NDIS.
It means a person with a disability can choose between receiving services that are delivered by funded non-government providers in the traditional way or to self-direct their supports in a way that suits their needs.
If you are interested in self-directing your own support, we will work one-on-one with you to discuss the services you wish to receive, and when you wish to receive them, to best suit your needs.
We will then work with you to create your individual self-directed support plan that changes to suit your needs. We can also assist you to budget and coordinate funding if required.
There are some important questions you need to consider about embarking on Your Life Your Choice:
- Do I need help with planning?
- Do I need help to find the disability supports and services I want to buy?
- Do I want help to find my support workers?
- Do I want to employ my own workers?
- Do I want to buy my supports and services from a range of different service providers or businesses?
- Do I want the host provider to transfer some or all of my funding into a bank account for me to manage myself?