The NDIS will be rolled out at different times depending on where you live. The key roll out dates are listed below. You can also read our fact sheet on Queensland dates by local government area.
As from 1 October 2016
- Townsville, Hinchinbrook, Burdekin, west to Mount Isa, and up to the gulf
As from 1 November 2016
- Mackay, Isaac and Whitsundays
As from 1 January 2017
- Toowoomba and west to the borders
As from 1 July 2017
- Ipswich, including the Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset regions
As from 1 October 2017
As from 1 January 2018
- Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders
As from 1 July 2018
- Brisbane, north and south of the river
- Gold Coast and Hinterland
- Logan and Redlands
- Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg
- Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York and Torres Strait
As from 1 January 2019
- Moreton Bay, including Strathpine and Caboolture
- Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie
If you currently receive funded supports, these will remain in place until your NDIS plan starts.
Spinal Life Australia is ready to support people across Queensland as they transition to the NDIS. We can:
- support you to understand the scheme and be available to answer your questions
- provide you with information
- assist you with your planning and attend your planning meeting with you if you wish.
Find out more about the NDIS in Queensland.