NDIS in Queensland
The NDIS will be phased in across Queensland between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2019. People will move to the NDIS at different times depending on where they live. Find out when the NDIS will come to where you live.
The Queensland transition to the NDIS commenced from 1 April 2016 for:
- individuals under 18 years in Townsville and Charters Towers
- all eligible people on Palm Island.
Get NDIS ready with Spinal Life
We support people with spinal cord injuries or other physical disabilities (permanent or temporary) aged 0 to 65 years.
As a registered NDIS provider, we will work with you and those closest to you to make the transition to the NDIS as seamless as possible. We will:
- support you to understand the scheme and answer your questions
- provide you with spinal-specific information
- give you a tool kit to help you think about and plan for your NDIS supports
- assist you with your planning and attend your planning meeting.
You can read our NDIS frequently asked questions for more information, including spinal-specific detail.
Accessing the NDIS
- Visit the NDIS website
- Find out if you live within a launch site using the Access checklist.