- Allied health services
- Employment Options
- Personal support and home care services
- Our service promise: information for new clients
Allied health services
Our dedicated allied health professionals are specialists in supporting people with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities. They include physiotherapists, occupational therapists and registered nurses who work in partnership with you to develop holistic solutions to enable you to reach your potential.
We provide allied health services in three key areas:
Access to expertise and funding
We provide assistance with applications to government concession and subsidy schemes:
- to buy and modify private vehicles (VOSS)
- for prescribed aids and equipment (CAEATI and MASS).
- to help with modifications in the workplace.
Specialist personal advice and assessments
- Individual assessments to evaluate your needs and help you to meet your lifestyle choices
- Bowel, bladder and pressure area advice and management
- Home modification assessments and designs, and referrals to home modification service providers
- Workplace assessments to help you overcome barriers in your place of work
- Driving assessments (in some regions)
Mobility, seating and equipment solutions
We are the mobility and seating specialists. We can assist you with:
- Seating and postural assessments, including pressure mapping, to ensure you have the best choice of product and fit
- Trial and prescription of aids, disability specific technology and equipment that can improve independence and lifestyle, for example mobility, pressure care, continence, personal care, transfers and environmental controls.
- Hand splinting including typing, writing and resting pans.
If you’re eligible, we can even help you prepare funding applications so you can afford the prescribed aids and equipment you need.
Our equipment hire service provides a useful option when equipment breaks down or is required for travel or other reasons.
To find out more about our Allied Health Services:
Personal support and home care services
We will give you the support you need, when you need it, in your own home.
Our team of 750 personal support workers is located across Queensland. Each personal support worker undertakes comprehensive training and rigorous background checks.
Where possible we try to match our Support Workers to your personality and interests.
We will support you to get on with your life. Ways we can support you include:
- Turning and repositioning
- Showering and bathing
- Personal grooming including shaving, hair care, make-up etc
- Dental hygiene and denture care
- Continence support including bowel care and bladder care (catheter flush and washout)
- Skin integrity checks and basic wound care
- Assistance with self-medication
- Assistance with eating including Peg feeding.
We know that sometimes everyone needs a hand with day-to-day living. We can support you with almost anything you need:
- Shopping and paying bills
- Preparing meals
- Bed making including changing linen
- General household cleaning and tidying
- Laundry including washing, folding and ironing. [Return to top]
We understand the importance of having a lifestyle that inspires and fulfils you. Depending on your eligibility we can:
- support you to engage in activities of your choosing whether it’s swimming, kayaking, fishing, sailing or attending concerts, carnivals, markets and sporting events, to name a few
- make domestic and international holidays a reality with support workers available to accompany you on your journey
- offer information on recreation and sport, community services and supports, and referrals to holiday accommodation
- provide equipment trials and prescriptions so you can best access the leisure pursuits you want. [Return to top]
Transition support from hospital to home
You can make the transition from hospital to home confidently with us because we know what it takes. We have supported people with spinal injury return home for more than 30 years.
- meet with you in hospital to develop a plan for living at home
- select support staff you feel comfortable and confident with in your own home
- arrange for someone to support you on a weekend pass home prior to discharge from hospital.
We also offer support to people from regional areas.
To find out more about our Personal support and home care services: