We provide professional services to businesses of all sizes and across sectors. These are the services where we hold considerable expertise that will deliver you a competitive advantage.
- Access Solutions Australia
- Allied health services
- Employment Options
- Training Options
- Workplace injury prevention.
Access Solutions Australia
There are many design and building solutions that allow people with a disability to access their community. There are also many legislative requirements for buildings, transport and public spaces that prevent design problems stopping people with a disability and wheelchair users from accessing these spaces.
Through Access Solutions Australia, we offer our expertise as project consultants to individuals, businesses and government agencies to meet these practical and legislative requirements. We also provide training to individuals and organisations to inform and promote the need for equitable access.
Allied health services
We offer our corporate clients a highly specialised and targeted allied health service.
Through our case management service we can package the full suite of our support services. This means you will gain the most effective and targeted outcomes or your clients from any compensation and funding packages.
We also offer our corporate clients:
- functional capacity evaluation reports to ensure your client’s safe return to work after injury
- medico legal and lifetime care reports, specialising in complex mobility cases
- equipment prescriptions
- transfer reviews and manual handling assessments.
At no cost, Employment Options offers employers:
- information and advice on supporting your employee, including workplace modifications
- pre-screening and identification of suitable applicants for your vacancy
- links into other programs such as Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- ongoing support.
People with a physical disability can participate in all types of employment.
Our highly motivated pool of potential employees are looking for a range of employment including full-time, part-time, and casual work.
We work with individuals, groups, service providers, government agencies and more. Our trainers are available Monday to Friday; with special requests considered. We provide training at our offices in Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns, as well as at your premises.
Through our workshops, your staff will gain the hands-on experience and knowledge they need to feel confident and comfortable when working with your clients.
Our qualified clinical educators have specialised expertise and deliver dynamic workshops that support you to meet your goals.
Our experience is easily transferrable across a broad range of health and community sectors and specialities. To find out how we can support your training needs, please contact us.
Our specialised training can include, but is not limited to, the following.
- Continence management
- Bowel therapy
- Gastrostomy support / PEG feeding
- Pressure injury prevention
- Hygiene and infection control
- Colostomy care
- Principles and practices
- Safe handling of people
- Hoist and equipment training
- Disability awareness
- Language and communication
- Medication assistance
- General body functions
- Effects of a spinal cord Injury
Workplace health and safety
- For home and disability care
- Perform first aid (HLTAID003)
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Problem solving and decision making
- Relationship building
Workplace disability awareness
Everyone has different levels of contact with people with disability. As a result, your employees may be unsure how to interact with customers who have a physical disability, which can result in misunderstandings or anxiety for both parties.
Our disability awareness presentations will:
- encourage your employees to focus on the customer as an individual, and not on the disability
- promote an understanding of physical disabilities
- foster an understanding of the ways in which the needs of people with a physical disability can be met.
Part inspirational and part educational, it provides a down-to-earth look at the best language to use when speaking with someone who has a disability and how best to engage them in conversation with respect and dignity.
If your organisation is committed to equity for both staff and customers, this program provides practical and useful support.
[return to top]
Injury prevention – workplace
SEAT at WORK presentations are ideal for people who work in industries such as construction, mining, utilities, transport and storage.
SEAT presenters are all volunteers who have a spinal cord injury. They are extremely passionate about promoting injury prevention by sharing their personal experiences and safety strategies.