We know it can be hard finding a job or returning to work if you have a temporary or permanent physical disability. Our Employment Options program is one of the few services in Australia that finds jobs for people just like you. It operates across South Brisbane, North Brisbane, and Logan .
Employment Options offers you an advantage because its Triple P program will support you through three critical phases:
- Phase 1: Preparation
- Phase 2: Placement
- Phase 3: Post Placement
We have helped hundreds of people just like you to transition back into employment in diverse industries including horticulture, hospitality, IT, retail, administration, logistics and construction.
Read stories about how our Employment Options program has helped real people like you.
How the Triple P program supports you
To prepare you for a job we help with:
- advice on your presentation
- positive outlook training
- evaluations and physical assessments so you know your abilities
- physiotherapy, occupational therapy, pain management or psychological counselling
- information on how to access local job search facilities such as computers and the internet
- support to create a professional resume and cover letter
- up to $100 to purchase clothing for interviews
- support to attend relevant training and short courses.
We will help you to find a placement by offering:
- to find unpaid work experience opportunities and/or work trials
- a weekly job placement meeting
- to canvas employers to find the job that is the best fit
- a fuel card or Go Card so you can get to work for the first week
- a wage subsidy while you are looking for employment
We will support you even when you have a job by offering:
- guidance from a support worker to help you maintain employment
- someone to liaise with your employer to address any barriers
- the choice of leaving our service after 26 weeks or remaining for ongoing support
- support with workplace assessments and modifications so your workplace meets your needs.
Through the Triple P program we deliver:
- Employment Support Services for people who need long term assistance to maintain employment
- Disability Management Services for people who do not need long term support.
At no cost, Employment Options offers employers:
- information and advice on supporting your employee, including workplace modifications
- pre-screening and identification of suitable applicants for your vacancy
- links into other programs such as Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- ongoing support.
People with a physical disability can participate in all types of employment.
Our highly motivated pool of potential employees are looking for a range of employment including full-time, part-time, and casual work.
Contact us below for more information, or if you wish to access the Employment Options service.
Locations and Hours
South Brisbane employment service area (ESA)
Woolloongabba: Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Sunnybank Hills: outreach site as required
Capalaba: outreach site as required
Springwood: Tuesday and Wednesday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Beenleigh: outreach site as required
North Brisbane ESA
Chermside: Wednesday and Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm