We will be hosting a special presentation on World Polio Day, 24 October.
Join us as we present one of the world’s leading polio researchers, Dr Richard Bruno, who has been studying polio for more than 30 years.
Dr Bruno will be presenting from the United States on electrodynamics in people with polio.
Other topics to be presented include the role of speech pathology and physiotherapy in improving the health of polio survivors, and an update on worldwide eradication efforts.
Governor of Queensland and our Patron, His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC, will be in attendance to officially open the event.
NOTE: This event is now at capacity. The presentations can still be watched online via video link, please advise this and provide an email address when you RSVP.
- Governor of Queensland, His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC
- Dr Richard Bruno, research and clinical psychophysiologist, Director of the International Centre for Polio Education and author of The Polio Paradox
- Andrea Whitehead, speech pathologist and Clinic Manager of the University of Queensland Telerehabilitation Clinic
- Anthony Nakhle, Spinal Life Australia physiotherapist
- Susanne Rea OAM, end polio activist
Date: Wednesday, 24 October
Time: 10am – 2pm (lunch and morning tea provided)
Venue: Spinal Life Australia, 109 Logan Road, Woolloongabba or via video link
RSVP: Friday, 19 October to firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3435 3154.