Are you looking to make a positive difference in someone’s life? Employment Options is a well-established specialist Disability Employment Service that assists people with a physical disability to find and maintain employment.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has outstanding communication skills with a collaborative approach, to join the team as a full time Employment Consultant!
As an Employment Consultant you will:
- Prepare participants for entry into employment using a range of strategies
- Assist participants to identify employment related strengths and to address barriers
- Locate individual work experience or voluntary work placements if required
- Locate appropriate, high quality training opportunities if required
- Assist participants with presentation skills when meeting employers, including clothing, grooming, body language, attitude, formal greetings, etc
- Assist participants to develop a positive mind-set
- Assist participants to develop relevant training qualifications and obtain all licences for their chosen field of employment
- Develop a realistic employment goal with each participant with at least one type of employment as this goal
- Assists participant to apply for positions on the internet as required
- Craft and discuss resume at Employment Consultant team meetings
- Work on barriers to employment.
What’s needed to be successful?
- Excel at building and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of people
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in assisting individuals to find and maintain employment
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
What can we offer?
- A friendly and supportive team
- Commitment to ongoing learning & development
- Flexible work conditions
- 100% salary sacrificing options exclusive to not for profit.
Employment Options is a service of Spinal Injuries Australia
For more information, view the position description.