Join the Spinal Life Australia team and help us conquer the Bridge to Brisbane on 26 August!
All funds you raise will go towards supporting people with spinal cord damage, as well as supporting relevant education and engagement programs, research, peer support and advocacy efforts.
You can choose to participate in the 5km or 10km event and can take the course at any pace you’d like.
Invite your family and friends to participate – either by donating or getting them to join the team!
Registration costs are $52 for the 10km event and $42 for the 5km for people who register by 1 July, carers and support workers can participate free when accompanying another participant.
How does it work?
By signing up on the Bridge to Brisbane website, you can select a charity and team to be a part of – we’d love to have you as part of the Spinal Life Australia team!
After you register, you will be prompted to create an Everyday Hero account. This is where people, including yourself, can directly donate funds and you can see a running total of how many donations you’ve received. Don’t forget to share the link to your Everyday Hero page to everyone you know!
How do I join?
- Go to bridgetobrisbane.com.au
- At the top of the page, click ‘Enter’.
- Select ‘Join a Team’.
- Complete your details and click Next
- Choose the 10km or 5km Race depending on what distance you would like to cover on the day.
- Under Team Entry Details, search for ‘Spinal Life Australia’ (Note: the team name may display as ‘Spinal Injuries Australia’, as it is in the process of getting updated. Catherine Williams will be named as Team Leader).
- Leave the Team PIN section blank.
- Under Starting Zone, select the pace and speed you feel comfortable with.
- Complete the Personal Information and General section and click Next.
- Select if you would prefer to pick up your shirt at the race office before the event or have it mailed for a fee.
- Important: Under ‘Help raise much needed money for Queensland Charities’, in the drop-down menu, make sure you select ‘Spinal Life Australia’. This will ensure the funds you raise will go towards supporting people with spinal cord damage.
- Click Next.
- Review your Entry details and click Proceed to Payment (NOTE: if you are a carer, ensure you enter your received promo code here).
- Enter your credit card details and click Submit.
- At the confirmation screen, scroll down and click the Start Fundraising button. This will prompt you to set a password for your new Everyday Hero account.
- Upload a profile photo and bio. You can do this later if you’d prefer.
And you’re done! Don’t forget to share the link to your Everyday Hero page with your family and friends, through Facebook, other social media and email. Together we can make a difference!
After you register, you will also receive a confirmation email with more information on where to pick up your race pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do the races start?
All races will take place on Sunday, 26 August 2018. Times are:
- 6.10am: 10km Blue and Red Elite Runners
- 6.20am: 10km Green Runners
- 6.40am: 10km Yellow Joggers
- 7.10am: 10km Grey Walkers
- 9.20am: All 5km participants
When and where are the Spinal Life Australia team meeting on the day?
A Spinal Life Australia representative will be available from 5.30am to 7.20am for participants in the 10km, and from 8.45am to 9.15am for 5km participants.
Look for the Spinal Life Australia banner at the race entry section.
At the end of the 5km race, look for another Spinal Life Australia banner. You will then be directed to a free team breakfast.
The event will conclude at 11am.
A reminder email with further details will be sent out closer to the date.
Is the course accessible?
Yes, however there will be slight uphill and downhill gradients involved. Please exercise caution on the downhill slopes.
Can carers/support workers participate? If so, do they have to pay the registration costs?
Yes, they may also register for free if they are accompanying a client.
If a carer emails a copy of their Carer’s Card to email@example.com before they register, they will receive a promo code. If they enter this promo code when they register, the registration fees will be waived.
Do I have to enter the 5km or 10km race? How do I know what Start Zone to select?
You can choose to run either the 5km or 10km race. The Start Zone is also your choice, and depends on your capability to complete the course in a certain time.
You can walk or wheel at your own pace. Click here to view the course maps.
Do I need to wear a uniform?
You will receive a Bridge to Brisbane shirt before the event, but it is not mandatory to wear.
Wear what you’d like, comfortable clothes suitable for running or walking is highly recommended.
How do I get to the event?
Parking will be scarce, so public transport, taxi or Uber is recommended. All Bridge to Brisbane participants receive free public transport on the event day until 3pm. Just show your official race number on Brisbane Transport buses and Queensland Rail trains for free entry (ferries not included).
How do I collect my fundraising total?
All funds raised from your Everyday Hero page will be automatically donated to Spinal Life Australia to help support people with spinal cord damage.
You can check your current total and target goal on your Everyday Hero page. It’s recommended you set your target at $500 which is achieveable – if you surpass your target, then even better!
Your supporters will automatically receive a tax receipt.