If you have sustained a spinal cord injury or other permanent physical disability, returning to your job can be quite a challenge, and in some instances, impossible.
Will your workplace, be it where you worked before you were injured or a new job,
require any equipment or modifications to the
premises to accommodate your disability?
If it does, and it’s likely that it will, who will pay for it?
Employment Options is one of only several services in Australia that sources employment exclusively for people with a physical disability.
Established in 1994, Employment Options staff identify employment opportunities and provide support – at no cost – to help people obtain and maintain employment, including assistance with workplace modifications and career progression.
Employment Options also works with patients who are newly injured in The Princess Alexandra Hospital Spinal Injuries Unit.
For employers, Employment Options can also – at no cost – provide information and advice on supporting an employee or potential employee.
Employment Options is also a workplace rehabilitation specialist and can assist you to get back to work quickly after a temporary injury or illness.
Employment Options also proudly offers the Job in Jeopardy program. Read more here.
We are committed to ensuring equal access to our service and have non-discriminatory entry rules in respect of age, gender, race, culture and religion.
Employment Options is the industry leader in employment for people with a physical disability.
Our friendly and dedicated staff are:
- qualified workplace trainers and assessors
- experienced in recruiting and job-matching practices
- specialists in organising worksite assessments and modifications
- able to assist people managing disability issues in a workplace.
What Employment Options offers employees at no cost:
- personalised service from your Employment Consultant
- assistance with resumé preparation, interview techniques and job applications
- liaison with potential employers
- worksite assessments to check physical access
- continued on-the-job support, including co-worker/employer education
- computer and internet access for employment-related needs.
We have placed clients in many industries including nursery, retail, IT, graphic design, race horse industry, self-employment and engineering.
Read about EO client Jarrod Moncur’s transition back to work after sustaining paraplegia. Pages six and seven of the PDF.
What Employment Options offers employers at no cost:
- information and advice on supporting your employee, including workplace modifications
- pre-screening and identification of suitable applicants for your vacancy
- links into other programs such as Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- ongoing support.
People with a physical disability can participate in all types of employment.
Our highly motivated pool of potential employees are looking for a range of employment including full-time, part-time, and casual work.
For more information or if you wish to access the Employment Options service, please contact the Association.
Proudly funded by:
The Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations