This privacy statement applies to all users of the Association’s website.
The Spinal Injuries Association values and respects individuals’ rights to privacy. We do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any information about our supporters and we use an SSL certified Internet transaction facility.
Our commitment and philosophy
- The Association respects the right to privacy of all individuals and organisations.
- The Association does not collect any personal information about our supporters and web visitors, except that which is knowingly and specifically supplied.
- We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information.
- We will always provide you with the opportunity to receive no mailings from us.
- The Spinal Injuries Association complies with the Australian Federal Privacy Act.
- The Spinal Injuries Association complies with the Australian Direct Marketing Association’s (ADMA) Code of Practice.
What information do we collect?
Personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address and bank or credit card details you provide is collected for the purposes of specific activities, including donations, feedback, surveys and merchandise orders.
You do not have to disclose any personal information to us if you don’t want to but we do need certain information in order to provide specific services or information to you. Personal details will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected eg. processing a donation or completing a merchandise order, and to provide you with correspondence. We may also use this information to keep you up to date about changes to our website or Spinal Injuries Association activities. If there is any information you would rather not receive from us, you can email us or call the Fundraising and Communications Team on (07) 3391 2044.
Non-personal information and web usage data such as numbers and frequency of visitors, pages accessed and files downloaded are also collected. This helps us determine how much our visitors use parts of the site, how many people visit on a regular basis and the usefulness of our pages. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live – it simply allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our website.
Your right to access your information?
At any time you can ask us for a copy of the personal information we have in our databases about you, or request a correction or deletion of information.
How can I change my details?
If you are a Spinal Injuries Association donor you can update your contact details by:
- Phoning us on (07) 3391 2044
- Emailing us at email@example.com, or
- Posting the information to us at PO Box 5651, WEST END QLD 4101.
Please remember to include your old contact details and donor number (if known).
If you are an Association service user and would like to update your contact details, please contact the specific service area directly.
If you would like further information about your privacy, please download our full Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, here (PDF, 110 KB).