Love What You Do Everyday!
Although no day is the same in this role, there are some key functions you’ll be doing to support our clients to live independent and fulfilling lives. Some of these duties include:
- Transferring in and out of bed or wheelchair, using hoists when required
- Showering, bathing, dressing and dental hygiene
- Personal grooming
- Toileting, bladder and bowel management – may include changing catheter bags and supporting bowel care
- Checking for pressure areas and basic wound care
- Meal preparation and eating may include PEG feeding
- Domestic support such as general household cleaning and laundry
- Community access such as driving to appointments and social activities.
Enjoy Great Benefits
If you like to be rewarded in the workplace, then you will be happy with our impressive range of employee benefits:
- Reward & recognition programs including hundreds of retail discount opportunities
- Penalty rates for weekends, nights and public holidays
- Fixed rosters to support your work-life balance
- Salary packaging arrangements that can increase your take-home pay.
How You Will Be Supported
When you become a part of Spinal Life Australia, we want to ensure that you feel supported in your role every day. We do this by:
- Work closely with a dedicated Client Service Officer who will coordinate your initial training and buddy shifts, conduct team meetings, help with your career development
- In-person training by our Registered Nurse covering all aspects of manual handling and clinical skills i.e. correct hoist usage
- Frequent training and development including extended competency training to be able to support all clients’ needs
- Professional Development opportunities
- Wellbeing Training Programs
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and family members